Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jun 1996 21:25:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Jon Christensen <vvwca@primenet.com>
Subject:      June Bug Jamboree Scores

Hi All,

Hats off to Bob Hufford and gang in Springfield, Mo for an excellent 2nd Annual June Bug Jamboree! An amazing amount of Bob's Buses made it to the show--right into the swap meet! There were lotsa quality VW's there shining in the summer sun. Buses by Route 66 was also a success.

I did manage to pick up a few goodies. One item I managed to purchase was a Hazet Tourist toolkit, minus most of the tools. I never imagined I'd even find one, so I am still quite excited about it. Let's just say it's a keeper. Other items include a pair of glass bus taillight assemblies, a chrome Splittie Type II gas door/engine hatch key (1st chrome one I'd ever seen), and a deluxe bus mirror. There was an interesting 59 Deluxe Sunroof bus and 64? Bug convert. Both were very rough, but very original. Anyhoot, thanks again to GROOVEN for a great show and Bob Hufford for the BBrt66 Campout! 8-)

Jon Christensen /V\ Membership Coordinator for the ~Certified VW Nut \W/ Vintage VW Club of America vvwca@primenet.com Co-Editor of the VVWCA Newsletter http://www.sky.net/~rmk/vvwca/ KC Kombis' NEATO Co-Rep