Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jun 1996 19:05:52 +1000
From:         Sonya Beneke <sbeneke@ren.netwit.net.au>
Subject:      Re Australian Kombi Clubs :)

Hi Everyone :) I just found out about the following VW Clubs in Australia and thought I`d share them with others on the list :)

Kombi Club, Australia. Was formed 19/9/89 by a gathering of 27 enthusiastic owners of VW Kombies, ranging from 1955 to 1982. A monthly newsletter, technical advise is available. Kombi displays wll take place at various venues. Meetings are held at 7.30 pm on the first Wednesday of every month at the Newcastle Germania Club, Hillsborough Road, Warners Bay N.S.W. For info: David Frey(049)43 3767 or Kevin Comford(049) 58 5083 or write: The Kombi Club,Australia, P.O Box 22, Boolaroo N.S.W 2284.

Kombi Camper Club of N.S.W Meets in Strathfield on the third Thursday of each month. Camoervan owners in and around Sydney interested in obtaining further information are invited to ring the Secretary (02) 602 6375

North Queensland Volkswagon Club

The club aims to cover many aspects of the VW, includiing technical and leisure subjects and the general pooling of resources to keep Vws on the road. Group outings are a monthly event. General meetings will be held in Cairns on the first Monday of the month, with special technical meetings on the third Monday of each month. Further details from: Ron(070) 51 4474 or Steve 51 2937

Other clubs are: Type VW Club Inc, (for all types of VWs) P.O Box 4848, Melbourne,3001

Volkswagon Club of South Australia 20 Coulls Rd, Banksia Park S.A. 5091

Volkswagon Historical Society Australia P.O Box 553, Ryde N.S.W 2112 Ph(02) 683 2130

Club Veedub Sydney Inc Rod Young (02) 671 7281 or write to: P.O Box 1135, Parramatta N.S.W. 2150

Volkswagon Club of N.S.W LTD Rick Feruglio(02) 639 3896 or for country" prospective" members phone John Watt of Tamworth(067) 62 0868

Volkswagon Club of Victoria Inc Box 1215k G.P.O., Melbourne 3001 phone: (03) 808 6044

We,re just about to take the Kombi to Canberra to have the gearbox replaced . We found a VW place there that is very reasonably priced. And we,ll also get them to check it over for any other problems. After that we`re planning our first Kombi trip :)

Regards Sonya :)