Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:14:46 -0800
From:         Glen Buhlmann <gbuhlman@direct.ca>
Subject:      Re: Dumb question re: windshield washer reservoir

Well I got a few responses about putting air into my washer reservoir so I went to the corner gas station to try it again. No luck. My cap is black with a VW emblem and the word HELPHOS. The middle portion moves in and out a bit. I assume that once you get air pressure into the reservoir that the pressure pushes this thing out and forms a seal. Well I can't get any air through this cap. I took the cap off and tried it with the compressor with no luck. I can't even blow air through with my mouth (yes I washed it first). Now I know I have a good seal when doing this so my question is: am I missing something simple here. The PO obviously was able to do it since the washers worked and the reservoir was pressurized when I took the cap off.

-- +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Glen Buhlmann | "Saw it on the tube. Bought it on the phone. | | GB Computer Consulting | Now I'm home alone with a piece of crap." | | Vancouver, BC | --Neil Young | | '77 VW Westfalia | | +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+