Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jun 1996 07:40:08, -0500
From:         TVCR50A@prodigy.com ( MICHAEL G BENTHIN)
Subject:      Let's make this large list EASIER ! !

ALERT: nearly 100 posts a day is too much to cope with- PLEASE let's set up some common rules- the straw that broke my back was the query on 60's bus timing posted under subject heading about that trip with the blown engine! I (as an air-cooled enthusiast) propose the following rules for this list please feed back better suggestions or please comply!!

***. Some mail readers can SORT e-mail based on key-words-choice of subject line, first line, or whole message body...ie being on multiple lists necessitates sorting by the list return address in my case. ***This can be further refined by sorting out keywords placed IN SUBJECT HEADING or at least first line, so I can create folders separately holding air-cooled specific queries/comments from general stuff like trip reports and show notices. Suggestions are: 1. WC - water cooled specific- just putting "87 Westy in subj helps those perusing by eye, but makes it difficult to set up smart sweeps! 2. AC -air-cooled... 3. FS AC PA ...any posts on stuff/vehicles for sale! This includes the farmer with the bus to get rid of out in a field. PLEASE INCLUDE STATE (like PA) and AC or WC in subject heading or first line!! I waste a lot of time drooling to find out it's more than two days away!!! 4. WANTED - (cant think of short name)- if you need something like part, manual, address for parts place, new bus, etc. -Want Camping partner?- place under TRIP?.. 5. TRIP-FLA - trip report, experiences with bus, include STATE or REGION please! If something broke down or a wierd symptom appeared and you want feedback, post separate HELP message, please! 6. TRIP? -FLA - if you are organizing or reporting on a caravan getogether or want info on an area-please post this first in subj. line-the ? lets us know you are commenting on UPCOMING trip! Those of us in NJ may ignore this!..... 7. SHOW-MN - report on show you went to. SHOW? = upcoming show annc., or query on any who want to go? INCLUDE STATE please! 8. HELP- (followed by specifier, like " HELP-WC- water pump bad?" Lets me ignore it or leave it in "incoming mail" folder for deletion! HELP-BODY- lets me know it's a restoration query! - I hate posts that use ENGINE RUNS ROUGH... how about HELP-WC-87diesel, runs rough, OR - lets us know whether we are near you, have similar vehicle, etc! ***some true guru experts out there I know shy away from e-mail lists ***because of time spent, and we are losing their expertise- so if you have ***a technical query on repair, or posting a SYMPTOM put HELP in subject ***line!!!! For help on best tires to get, WANTED may be better place.... ----- The there's the other stuff, like catalog announcments, new members, etc.a clear subject heading helps.

PLEASE CHANGE SUBJECT if "reply" to post changes original subject intent!!

-Anyone able to set up separate AC list? I like this better than the AC newsgroup, which requires all that logging on stuff. MB in NJ (AC forever)