Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jun 1996 13:33:43 -0700
From:         Thom Fitzpatrick <thom@calweb.com>
Subject:      Vallejo Show

The Vallejo show today was WEAK.

Not many people showed up, neither to gawk or to swap. I had a hard time spending money, but I perservered and went home broke despite the odds!

I got an NOS RHD gas pedal (another one) 2 NOS RHD Brake pedals, a set of normal reflectors (for you, Rusty) and a set of barndoor reflectors, a barndoor steering wheel, bus semaphores, NOS RHD drag link, NOS barndoor tie rod ends, a set of really nice headlights, (saw lots of nice sets, but these were the only ones I could touch and _buy_ :) ) 36hp fan thermostat setup, and a few other odds and ends.

Hate to say it, but the people running the show were PRICKS! They hassled one guy for selling T shirts in the swap area, and even more so because they were $13/2 for $25 - the Official Event T Shirts were $15. I eavesdropped on the conversation, and heard the A*hole tell the guy that he can't be undercutting the event T shirts! Another event yahoo, who bore a striking resemblance to Jed Clampett, was hassling another guy about some DMV paperwork stuff because he was selling a car there. Another idiot gave us a hard time when he came and woke us up at sunrise and wanted to collect the $$ for our entrance and parking and stuff, coming offf with the "gimme my money now or we'll break your kneecaps and throw you out in the parking lot" routine. Bad vibes all around. We are considering shining on the next event.

Thom Fitzpatrick thom@calweb.com - http://www.calweb.com/~thom Keeper of the Barndoor Bus Web Page: http://www.calweb.com/~thom/barndoor.html