Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Jun 1996 10:47:17 -0400
From:         Bob <zaphod@mail.ameritel.net>
Subject:      79 Bus FS in MD <$450/obo>

All:

Well, after a long hard decision I've decided to unload the 79 Bust. It could be on the road with a minor bit of effort but the title is sort of in limbo so it'll probably end up as a parts bus. Here's some details:

79 Bus, Automatic, 103K miles, 2.0L, starts great, runs well but no power in gear. After considerable time/effort and new parts I'm convinced that it needs new lifters or needs the old ones rebuilt. Cylinders 1 & 3 have no compression but after removing the #1 lifters and bleeding them the bus ran much, much better. All of the cooling parts are present and working properly. It could use some exhaust work but the cat is still there. I replaced the air flow meter, temp sensor 2, cold start valve, air injection valve, fuel pressure sensor, fuel filter, vacuum lines, plugs, cap, rotor, points, etc. The only bummer is that the PPO gutted the EGR assembly. Oh yeah, the paint job sux. It's Ocean Blue/White but severly oxidized and the roof is starting to rust here and there. Other than that, it's in good shape.

SO, why do I want to sell it? Well, for starters, my former roommate bought the bus from some guy and promptly signed the title. He never titled it in his name, just signed it. So, I signed it. No problem except I either need his drivers license # to jointly title the bus (never happen) or I need him to give me some notarized document granting me sole title to the bus (he's in Florida and doesn't return many calls). In other words, I've got a parts bus. Secondly, I already have a '67 bus that IS titled in my name and even has plates/insurance. It's almost done and I really want to direct all of my attention to it. Thirdly, my landlady/roommate has been really, really, really good about me taking up 90% of the driveway but I now she secretly wants to burn the bus down.

I'm willing to let it go for $450/obo. I've got at least that much into the bus with parts and such. I've got way more into it if you count time but that doesn't really count with these things ;).

I haven't publicly put it up for grabs but I just saw your message. If you're interested, let me know. I'm in St. Mary's County, MD. About 30 miles due South of Waldorf and probably 2 hours from Baltimore (About 35 min from Dahlgren, VA). If you want to get ahold of me I'm @ 301-373-3018. If there's no answer, call 301-904-2525 and leave me a message.

Later,

Bob J. __\/__ . / ^ _ \ . |\| (*)(*) |/| ________.OOOo____oo____oOOO.__________ / Bob Johnson - Programmer \ | rjohnson@zeus.nesea2400.navy.mil | | Tracor ESD -- California, MD | | zaphod@mail.ameritel.net | \___________________Oooo.______________/ .oooO ( ) ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)