Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Jun 1996 15:16:08 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      Eye doctor and Navigating the Westy

I went to the optometrist this AM for the usual tune up. After deciding which was clearer 1 or 2, 3 or 4 etc. The doctor said lean the chin here for the glaucoma thing. OK. Poof..., Poof. Now tilt your head back and look up. Uh, OK only because you're the doctor... Blink, blink. DOH~! Not the dreaded dialation thing!! Soon I was too blurry to see the invoice, the style of frames, and was concerned about driving the Vanagon back to work. The ol' doc said not to worry as close up vision would be impaired but distance vision would be Okay Dokay. ~Right~! Just perfect for driving back to the office and doing more tedious computer work. Dummy me I believed him. Getting back to the office was *some* fun. I felt like I had been at a great Polish wedding or something! PHEW~!, Scuze me while I kiss the sky! Dunt-dunt-da, Dunt-dunt-da! (Cee colan-back slash my foot!) Funny, I didn't G.A.S. about the rattling of the front end or the lack of power. I was just happy to see the road. I suspect that this is a trick not to be repeated in Vanagonia or through school zones! -ellis\ This reminded me that I can't wait for the Further festival!! ;-)