Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Jun 1996 21:33:30 -0400
From:         Claralw@aol.com
Subject:      Re: '64 Deluxe Engine #?

Bob wrote:

I checked the number on the motor currently in my '64 Deluxe with that on the warranty card (found in the Service Booklet). The book shows engine # 0301353 and the current motor is # 0590821. I assume that this is the "G" series 1500 (there is no "G" stamped on the case). -- - - - ----- - - - in 64 Does someone have a better engine number reference than Muir? (Most of my books are at work). I'm curious as to the date of manufacture of this motor (and question why it is in such a low mileage Bus). It could be that the PO used the previous motor to drive an external generator (or other contraption) and put a few too many "hours" on it. There are about 16 holes in the floor above the motor and a manual throttle cable (handle mounted to the parcel shelf) along with the double pully and slot for the belt up through the floor. It also has what I think is a rev-limiter or governor mounted under the 28-PICT carb. It has the markings APG, Made in W. Germany, 28 DR 1,5 on the face plate.