Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jun 1996 14:19:00 GMT
From:         kirkus@usa.pipeline.com (Kirk Leach)
Subject:      New to the list

Hey Now,

My name is Kirk Leach. I just bought a sweet '77 pop-top Campmobile that will be residing with me here in Pelham, NY. It has the complete deluxe interior with stove, refrigerator, even air-conditioning (which I haven't used yet other than to check to see that it works).

The PO bought it from the original owner (Florida resident) about a year ago. PO is a bus fanatic as was the original owner so the bus is in amazing shape - no rust or bondo. The engine is a rebuilt Porsche with 50,000 miles on it.

I'm new to all this and, frankly, don't know much about vehicle maintenance. I did have a '68 Bus (that was rusting away) about 8 years ago and I did a few things with it like replacing the brakes. I am reading up with all the resources mentioned in the FAQ.

I am missing the stool/cooler that fits between the two front seats so if anyone has one of those please let me know.

That's all for now. Looking forward to learning and having fun on this list. If there is anyone in the area who has a similar vehicle and wants to get together please let me know.

Peace, Kirk

'77 Westfalia Campmobile

Check out my Grateful Dead tapelist at www.wp.com/kirkus