Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jun 1996 08:58:12 -0400
From:         elgin freeman <efreeman@surfsouth.com>
Subject:      bus boys service (slightly long)

well, here is my bus boys story: i ordered some parts from them on thurs, shipped fri, to be delivered 3 day UPS. thus, they would be guaranteed to arrive on wed of the next week. i was to leave today for a trip, and they parts would have been here in plenty of time.

problem 1: the oil temp guage they had in stock was broken, so the order did not get sent out until the next monday. thus i should have had them on thurs. i was not called about this at all. i called them on wed and said, essentially, 'where are my parts?' and they said the above.

problem 2: much worse, on thurs, after the parts did not come, i called ups and asked them where the package was, tracking number in hand. they said, 'thats a _ground_ tracking number, sir' so, bus boys's shipping dept mislabeled my package.

so, bill said he can re-send the order next day air saturday delivery. i was pleased with this service. except, he could not locate one part (a muffler). therefore, he sent only the others, and they did indeed arrive on saturday as promised, no shipping charge of course. the muffler will be sent to atlanta, where i will be for tues before heading out west. it too will be sent next day air, no charge.

the moral: bus boys will try their damndest to help us out and to rectify their errors (bill even offered to send me a used muffler from someone he knew if he could find one; he couldn't), but do not order stuff without time to spare.

while i would have preferred just getting my parts on time, i am happy with bus boys's service, and would order from them. only now i know to give myself _plenty_ of time for parts to arrive.

evan