Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:03:30 -0400
From:         dworkin@ari.net (H Steven Dolan)
Subject:      Re: Need ref# for KYB shocks for breadloaf

Jim,

I am ready to order some parts from you if you can please give me some prices. All will be put on a '79 front axle beam I will be installing in my '73 Westy. I plan on switching steering knuckles to keep the '73 knuckles. It is my understanding that VW switched caliper types between the two years, and I don't want to confuse the situation any more than necessary. Please let me know if an incompatibility is about to hit me up side my head.

I need:

1 pr KYB KG4521 Front Gas-A-Just (Price still 34.95ea?) 1 relay arm rebuild kit (include shaft or are these just the bushings?) 1 center tie rod (from steering box to relay arm) 1 left side tie rod (the non-adjustable one) R&L ends for the right side tie rod.

If there is a way to get away with ends only on the center and left rods, let me know. I will forward a CC # on reciept of prices. In addition to the parts, I would like to get these by the 3rd, as I plan to install them on the 4th/5th, so a quote on UPS next-day would also be welcome.

H Steven Dolan Alexandria, VA

'73 FI'ed Westy