Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jul 1996 00:39:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Subject:      whoa! finially, me, and re: my 75 westy and more!

anyway, after however long its been since i was able to check my mail, what with haveing no phone no boat no motor car, not a single luxery...opps...:)

anyway, no phone, no car, to far to walk, but today, i finially got one running vehicle hashed to gethor out of the three. and before i start reading the 2,509 messages <no telling how many bounced away!> i will relate the story!

so anyway, the lower right balljoint popped out on my 68 bug, and after that, had nothing to drive. spent alot of tiem doing nothing, and sitting around staring at them, but eventually <after rebuilding a friends motor in his 74 super afte he ran out of coolant..<aka, his fan belt broke, and his gen light dont work...>> i got help, and a tranny for my 74...the once was autostick. i was told long a go that to convert it i would possible need another shift rod..well, i do. so i now have no money, a useless tranny, and a 1965 40 hp stuck in the assend of a 1975 westy. <blasphemy, i know!> now i need to find sheet metal to make the rest of the cover between bottom and top and ethe engine. ou know, you can almost put TWO of these things in there?!

and, if by chance you read this far, congrats, and, for those that did, and who occasionaly DONT go buy the book, any idea on just how bad is is to run this puppy w/o the rear enigne hanger? i mean, as we've all seen, the tranny seems securely mounted, but....?

cant even rest the einge on the hanger cause of the trailer hitch that just HAPPENS to want to go right where my stinger goes..which btw, is quite cute sitting aobut 1 inch to the front of the bottom of the bumper..

now though, most of the electrical works, and, since i cant roll drivers side window up anyway, i decided to get more ventallation. ripped the poptop off..:) was pissed, cause couldnt get the rear hinges to work right..

just gotta find tires, and bleed the brakes, and wish that manfold on the 40hp would hook to the vacume booster:)

anyhow...another unrelated question will follow in the next message. i put it there, cause i need a responce...:) and who knows how few will read this far..

thanks....

!......................... The not so Keen one xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu .........................! \\ // http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb ^\\ \XX/ //^ '68 Beetle Links to a few pics of my VW's \\//\\// '74 Super \/ \/ '75 Rusty Westy-Canadian Model

y21cvb@armory.com xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu lorn@armory.com jg8bt@cyberspace.org chantry-raistrick@csra.net 76004.3235@compuserve.com