Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jun 96 00:08:51 -0500
From:         "Randall Carpenter" <carpe003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Subject:      hey

Greetings, I'm new to this list, but I already have enjoyed reading all the posts. I've recently purchased a '72 Westy. A kid I know has had it in his neighbors garage for the last couple of years and now his neighbor is selling the house and he has to get rid of it. The engine is bad (no compression but it turns) and there is some rust in the rocker panel sections. The body looks straight and the interior is intact. I offered him $300 and he took it so now I'm stuck. I had a '65 Beetle back about 1977 and did everything that one could do to a Bug. So I'm no virgin. I'm sure that I'll be asking for advice many times in the future. In the meantime I'll just read and try and learn something. One interesting thing today here in the State of Minnesota. We have a liberal U.S. Senator here by the name of Wellstone. The Republicans, in an effort to embarrass him plan on following him around in a '67 VW Bus. They claim the Bus is supposed to represent the obsolete liberal past. I saw the thing on TV and it looked nice. I mean the thing is damn near 30 years old and it still goes good. Looks cool too. Maybe I just didn't get it. See ya all on the road in a year or two.

.

Like my Mama always told me, "If your head is wax, don't walk in the sun." Randy Carpenter carpe003@maroon.tc.umn.edu '72 Westy