Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 07 Jun 1996 14:19:05 -0700
From:         Arnold Schultz <aschultz@smartt.com>
Subject:      Re: Changing air in camper

Hi all, I have been living in my 78 westy for some time now (the lawyers and the x got the money). Living in Canada's winters I understand the problems with condensation. I have a Coleman "Focus15" propane heater for the winters. This heater puts out far too much heat by it self, so I have a regulator that I can control from arms reach while in bed. The tank sits on the floor with a hose to the heater that sits just aft of the pax set. I also have got some large sheets of cardboard (from appliance store), one sheet is cut to fit the back and one down the right side to the sliding door, this helps in the insolation for heat. With all this heat I can easily open the windows to get the air change. Install a smoke detector, mine is just over my head and I can see the red LED flash. Also a GAS leak detector... CAUTIONS: With the heater, never close the windows completely. With propane, use proper installation (reg, hoses...spec to 350psi) Be sure that when you sleep nothing can fall onto the heater.:-0

>To Jim and the List, > >My comments with regard to forced air circulation were with regard to >cold-weather camping in a tightly sealed bus, allowing incoming outside air >to be tempered, and dealing with the condensation produced. In warm weather >I just leave everything open, drape a mosquito net around whatever parts of >me I don't want to become red & lumpy. > >-Bob >