Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 09 Jun 1996 04:49:57
From:         EXPRES@gnn.com (RON SALMON)
Subject:      Grateful Bed & Breakfast (was ATTN VWer in Puerto Rico) (no VW Content)

>my fiancee amanda and i are considering honeymoning in puerto >rico and would like any suggestions, reccomendations, etc. we want >to avoid the touristy areas and see the real puerto rico. >considering staying at the Grateful Bed and Breakfast. >jonathan and amanda > My wife and I went to P.R. for our honeymoon, and stayed at the Grateful Bed & Breakfast for several days. We loved it! Marty, the owner, was fantastic. He made us feel right at home. The scene was great, the other guests were really nice, and Marty was invaluable in pointing us toward non-touristy things to do. We want to go back to P.R., more to re-visit the Grateful B&B than for anything else!

If you want an out-of-the-way place, spend a day or two on the island of Culebra. We rented a car in P.R. for the week, and took it with us to Culebra on the ferry. Not a whole lot to do there, just a tiny fishing town on a tiny island, but plenty of unpolluted, uncommercialized beaches and a very relaxing pace. A fellow named Druzo rents out some really neat bungalows that he built himself on the hillside facing the ocean. Ask Marty for Kathy's number on Culebra, and she'll probably have Druso's number.

Sorry, do not know of anyone who rents VW campers in P.R. In fact, didn't even see one VW camper there. Maybe if Angel responds, he knows of someone.

Email me privately if I can be of more assistance. Enjoy your honeymoon.

-Ron Salmon