Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Jun 1996 14:07:41 -0700
From:         Bren Smith <bren@ccnet.com>
Subject:      Re: Found a Binz Crewcab

>While coming back from Buses on the Blue Ridge I took the opportunity >to follow up on a lead on a Binz crewcab. A friend found the bus out >in the middle on nowhere in the NC mountains where it has been parked >for the past 20 years. Neighbors gave the name of a relative. Relative >said owner lives in Florida now and was generally uncooperative. I >need to do more detective work to get the owners name to rescue this >rare gem. I believe there were only 900 made worldwide. > >I didn't get a chance to look at the vin # because wasps poured out >when I opened the passenger door. There was also a wasp nest in the >engine compartment, so I couldn't look there either. My guess is it >is a '57 or '58. I was brave enough to stick my head in the rear >suicide door to get a picture of the Binz emblem on the back of the >wall behind the passenger seat. > >Later this summer I will go back for more info. It is not going >anywhere because it has no tranny in it and has a post supporting >the dilapidated roof of the barn resting in the bed.

Dave,

What's the deal on Binz Crew Cab's as opposed to others? Was this a retrofit in the US? I've heard of these before, but I've never understood that there were so many. I always assumed that Binz was a dealership or something. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Bren

============================================================================ Bren Smith | 4 Orinda Way, Bld. C | 510/253-3048 tel | '76 Crew Cab Dantz Development | Orinda, CA 94563 | 510/253-9099 fax | bren@ccnet.com ============================================================================ Aller aux toilettes sans faire de bruit, c'est comme jouer de la trompette sans tuba!