Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Jun 1996 21:29:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:         No Quarter <dl63832@ltec.net>
Subject:      Parade Time - Wanna come?

Well I'm finally getting the 72 back together after a year of being driven in partially complete conditioin. Everything is coming together nicely and it looks like I can be in the parade here in Beatrice, NE on June 29th in the morning around 9:00. Now, you know darn well that I don't want to be the only one so the invitation is extended. I have 3 bugs so far that I have located that can make it.

I have contacted Matt Joy in Lincoln, NE and just got off the phone with him after having a nice long chat. He referred me to Clark Radcliffe in Lincoln who is the VW Club president/coordinator of events guy but when I called, his father answered so at this point, I left a message for him to get in touch with me.

Now I think Mr. James Brill is on this list. You're in Lincoln right? If so, how about it? Wanna join in? Lemme know.

Also, I forgot who it was, but one of you volks told me that you would get me in touch with the Omaha, NE VW Club. I haven't heard anything yet. Can anyone give me some help here? Thanks

I would really like to make an impression this year on the community with all these VW's. I would definitely like to see representation of Types 1, 2, 3, and 4 if possible. Last year saw 7 VW's but I know this year we will be minus 3 from that number due to one gal being gone on vacation and one VW is on jackstands. :-(

So you Bus, Bug, Ghia, Thing, ___back, and TypeIV volks, let me know if you'll be able to help me out!

I'd like to note too that the 28thh - 30th of June is Americruise in Lincoln, NE at the fairgrounds. This is a big 3 day event where everyone brings their hot-rods, regardless of make or model, and shows them off or cruises around town. That would be great to have a bunch of VW's come down for the parade, and then have a big old road rally back to Lincoln. Its 4-lane at 65 MPH almost all the way (construction is going on but nothing out of the ordinary).

Jist gimme a call if you can attend.

Erin Lassley 402-223-2089 402-228-2462 402-223-5264 (Ask for Erin)

______________ Nebraska: The Good Life-"I guess that's why we have the | \ Erin Lassley:95MexiShel| highest gas tax in the nation." | Located in | 72 Teal Green SBeetle |-------------------------------- | good ol' \ 74 SunBug - 66 Bus |Famous quotes: "You drive a what?" |___ Beatrice, NE,| 63 Ragtop Bug |"My friend got killed in a head-on |40 mi. south \--------------------|in one of those." "You're weird." |of Lincoln. |e-mail: |"Wanna drag? HA HA HA" "Put a |_____________*__\ silent@ltec.net | small block chevy in it."