Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:40:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Maher, Steve (SD-MS)" <SMAHER@gi.com>
Subject:      Re: The Mystery Machine Lives..but costs

>>JC Whitney has Vgon rotors for $49.98 (early) or $52.98 (late) apiece, >>or around $100/pair plus shipping. Not for Syncro, tho-- was yours >>a Syncro or a 2WD Vanagon? > > It's a 2wd 83 Westie. Is JC Whiyney a US thing or is it Canada to? >I havent heard of them before, but then again I havent had a need for auto >stuff before : )

JC Whitney is a US mail-order auto parts place, really huge, that operates out of Chicago. Their phone number is 312-431-6102. Call them, and they'll probably send you a free catalog. Or, you can order the rotors right over the phone with a credit card-- part no. 83NY0640T for your '83, $49.98 each plus shipping.

In one hidden spot in the catalog, I noticed a little paragraph saying "Prices in US Dollars, may be higher in Canada, call for special shipping rates to Canada", etc. Their shipping rates are already pretty high, even to nearby US Customers, so I'd call if I were you. Their prices are usually pretty good, though sometimes not the very lowest; but their exchange/refund policy is excellent, if you don't mind waiting 3 weeks or more.

They have lots of bug parts, "some" van parts, and zillions of accessories and a pretty good selection of ordinary tools. Quality ranges anywhere from crappy to pretty good. I recommend their 300W 4-ch stereo amplifier, even though when you get it it says 225W. It'll still shake your windows if that's what you want, and can be heard over even the noisiest VW engine. And their 4x8 folding trailer kit is excellent, at a very good price.

Hope this helps. _______ /\ o o o\ Steve Maher smaher@gi.com 75461,1717 /o \ o o o\_______ San Diego, California < >------> o /| \ o/ o /_____/o| '80 VW V6anagon \/______/ |oo| '66 Mustang Coupevertible | o |o/ '89 Son Sherwin |_______|/ http://www.wp.com/IrishMafia ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~