Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 1996 19:48:20 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@netbiz.net>
Subject:      Re: Info.Needed (Wasserboxer Rebuild)

WALTER D. HOULE wrote:

> I have a 1985 water cooled Vanagon w/135,000 miles on the original engine. It > has a compression leak or two, and is definately in need of a complete overhaul. > Estimates for such an overhaul average out to approx. $3,500.

A lot of people advertise Wasserboxer rebuilds now days in DB&HVWS, One Stop MAcining (310)923-6748 $1095, Fast German (310)679-2801 $1599, Audirac VW's (619)727-1827 $1495, and finally AVP (800)548-5766 in the $1600 range last I called. Of these AVP has an OK rep on the list from people who toured their shop, has been in business a long time, some of the others have just appeared recenly in the mag at least. Call these people see what you feel from them, certainly you can do much better than $3500, and don't be afraid to pull this thing and swap it yourself, truth be told a Wasserboxer is just a big bug engine, and without engine tin to deal with, is really OK to change.

John vwbus@netbiz.net