Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jun 1996 20:39:55 -0700
From:         Robb Lightfoot <video@snowcrest.net>
Subject:      73 (pancake motor) twin carbs and smog parts for sale

I have some smog stuff I'd like to sell off as a package. I was concerned that my "federal" bus would have to meet California smog standards. As it turned out, I sold the bus before it ever became a problem...

So...

I've got the smog pump, which is frozen. :( I've got the oddball pully setup, VERY hard to find. I've got three of the four screw-in injectors. I've got a pair of twin carbs (stock) with the interconneting throttle linkage. These carbs are stock, but they have been "messed with" in that they have had the electric chokes removed and a manual (makeshift) linkage put in their place. Could be converted back, if you had the electric elements... Intake manifolds for these same carbs WITH the smog valve on them

I've also got a couple of other valves that go with this setup. Condition unknown. I was TOLD they work, but you know how that goes.

This entire setup ought to be worth at least $200. The pully alone is a nighmare to find. It took months to scrape this together. Buy it at one shot and be well on your way to being California legal.

Robb Robb and Karin Lightfoot - Lightfoot Productions - http://snowcrest.net/~video Robb@lightfoot.com Karin@lightfoot.com 916-549-3750 Broadcast Quality Educational Videos