Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         13 Jun 96 23:43:18 EDT
From:         "Linda J. Bartnik" <76065.3075@CompuServe.COM>
Subject:      upholstery question

Hey all, Since my posts from my WOW account seem to not be making it to the list, I will post this query from my mom's compuserve account. Here's the deal: I need to replace the seat cushions in the front seats in my '78 bus. Not the backrests, just the butt cushions. On my seat, i can feel the springs through the vinyl. there is no cushion at all intervening. no wonder it's been uncomfortable on long trips! :) Anyway, while I'm at it, i need to replace the driver's side seat cover, not backrest cover, just seat cover. mine isripped and torn and is getting worse every day. Problem: all the stores only carry the upholstery as a set, for both front seats, costing around $100. Well, dammit, I don't want the whole freakin' set, I just want one damn driver's side seat cover. Why must they sell it as a whole set????? vent mode off. So, I now appeal to the list to help me out with this. does anyone have a driver's side seat cover for a '78 bus in BROWN that has no rips, no tears, and no holes??? If so I want it, let me know how much you want. Also, when I'm doing this procedure, how difficult is it?? How do those damn hog-ring things work? I guess I need to buy the little kit that RMMW sells with hog ring pliers and hog rings? I know I've got to take the seat out, but I assume the procedure isn't too high on the difficulty scale. anyone?

Thanks, Sean