Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jul 1996 17:44:57 -0400
From:         Claralw@aol.com
Subject:      camper resurection et al.

my drive's been on a nose dive, so i haven't signed on in about a week, and boy, what i missed! it must have been afraid of the list split

anyway, i've been working on my 65 euro westy camper in my spare time since tuesday. not very hard, as it's been very hot and i'd melt.

so far: new battery added gas to tank and carb, the bus ran badly and died, then my friend noticed a puddle forming on the bus- the gas line was shot. so i drained the gas into the jerry can, and pulled the carb and took it apart. lo and behold, guck! it had been sitting three years. Unfortunately i can't tolerate the smell of carb cleaner, so i deciding to change courses till i figure a way to cross that bridge, so i... cleaned the bus! wow, broken glass, mold, ants nests, camping utensils, etc etc. much better. i also tried to get the brown house paint off the dash, it is fading. It is okay to sit in now, though in my mind ive already redone all the wood and made the cargo door cabinet. too bad about the ugly paint and rocker rust. I also oiled up the rear axle nuts, for inpending brake work. the motor sounded good though, except for the exhaust leaks.

okay, the bus is a real rat. But i must save it!

isn't it nice to have a vision.

clara