Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:41:16 -0700
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@zuni.chaco.com>
Subject:      Re: open your eyes - EPA Danger

At 07:51 PM 7/11/96 -0500, you wrote: >The bottom line here is that we must unite to fight these lobbying >interests. My father fought and was almost killed in WWII doing what he >thought would lead to a life of freedom for himself and his family. It is >now our responsibility to take up the fight--thank God we don't need to bear >arms. What we do need to do is pick up a pen and paper and write to our >congressmen, our city council people, our county commissioners. Let them >know we understand what is going on and we won't stand for it. If people >don't wake up and take immediate action against this lobby, we will indeed >lose our beloved old VW's--and they will not have been sacrificed for the >cause of "Clean Air."

Would you be willing to sacrifice your old VW's for the right of children to breathe easily? How about for the right of your children to have a reasonably cool climate and polar ice caps?

Your father fought to protect people, which is fine and good. But there are many people in this world who are only interested in their short-term pleasure. This is why we need government regulation. People (in general) don't care about long-term dangers. They don't worry about the collapse of the ecosystems if it occurs five generations in the future. And many don't care at all as long as they're getting personal pleasure in the short term.

Ron -- Ron 'Coyote' Lussier /\_/\ ____ Chaco Communications (408) 865-0657 ( ) \ _/__ 10164 Parkwood Drive #8 coyote@chaco.com \ / \X / Cupertino, CA 95014-1533 (1990 VW Westfalia Camper) \_/ \/ http://www.chaco.com/~coyote