Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jul 1996 15:12:41 -0400
From:         Skip Montanaro <skip@automatrix.com>

http://www.automatrix.com/~skip/volkswagen/type2/ http://www.automatrix.com/~skip/volkswagen/vanagon-list/

The advantages to the split as I see it are:

1. The independent archives should grow somewhat slower and therefore need to be rolled over less frequently (lower maintenance overhead for me).

2. The archives will mirror the content of the two lists instead of mixing them together. (I realize this isn't necessarily a point in favor of the split for some folks.) I believe this will result in less confusion down the road.

3. The indexes for the two separate lists should typically be smaller, so people who have had trouble downloading large HTML indexes should have fewer problems.

If you have any questions please direct them to me (skip@calendar.com). I no longer read the bus lists - having sold my Vanagon over a year ago - so I won't see things you post to them.

I enjoy being able to offer the Van web site and the mailing list archive, and hope others find them useful. I plan to continue doing so for the forseeable future, though I hope people understand it is definitely a sideline activity. Maybe someday I'll get some free time again. I don't have the space, time or money to work on my TR-250 at the moment, let alone the gall to add to another car to the mix...

Ciao,

Skip Montanaro | Today's Acronym: YAUWWWI (yow'-ee) Yet Another Useless skip@calendar.com | World-Wide Web Idea (518)372-5583 | --- Check out Musi-Cal: http://concerts.calendar.com/