Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jul 1996 16:02:49 PDT
From:         "Shawn Wright" <SW@smus.bc.ca>
Subject:      Re: Tire Question

On 12 Jul 96 at 17:19, Mike wrote:

> As I will be getting new tires for the front next week I just > wondered if anyone knew anything about the Michelin Kevlers? The are on > sale right now at Tire Warehouse here in Edmonton for $69.00/each > (installed and balanced), and were regularly $108. It seems like a great > deal , and they have them in my (or should I say 'our' size which is 185 R > 14). > > And if anyone can suggest something equally good yet still > relatively inexpensive I would be much obliged. I do realize that my life > is riding on these things, but at the same time I only have a certain > amount of money to spend. Its kinda like how I buy generic Noodles and > Cheese instead of the good Kraft stuff. :)

Never heard of these, but if they are really a 185R14 meaning reinforced, and the weight rating is 1400lbs or more, then it's probably not a bad deal, since they're Michelin. Check the max. psi rating though - it should be 40 psi at least.

Incidentally, I rotated my Yoko Y370s to the rear & put the Conti TS750s on the front, which confirmed my suspicions: the Conti's are junk. They are *way* too soft, even on the front at 42psi. And judging by the number of rock cuts in them, I'll be replacing them soon with 2 more Yokos. Shawn '88 Westy 332k (Kyra) '85 Jetta TD 350k (Jenni)