Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jul 1996 20:42:59 -0400
From:         John Anderson <vwbus@netbiz.net>
Subject:      Re: 75 Bus Oil Filter/ Can I use Golf/Filter from VW

Shawn Wright wrote:

> over 20 yrs now. Is the EV a unique filter? How about the VR6? > Incidentally, the G60 filter on my Corrado was only different because > it had a hex nut on the bottom to ease removal in the tight confines. > Otherwise, a standard filter fits. (but is a *devil* to remove.)

Acutally the entire construction of the OEM Mann G60 filter is different, the bleedback valve being high and central, you can not "prefill" a G60 filter down the center hole, and if you prefill it through the outer holes (possible) when installed on the car there is a good chance the system locks and pumps NO OIL, real real odd filter. And it is much easier to remove via the big nut. Expensive though, but seems to keep the hydraulic lifter noise at a minimum.

The VR6 filter is entirely odd evil beast.

And on the origional post, I think late Muir's say go ahead with the Rabbit filter, a sure sign not to IMHO, though probably no difference.

John