Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jul 1996 15:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Maria Alvarez <malvarez@tophat.stetson.edu>
Subject:      need advice!

Greetings all! I have been reading the list a few weeks now- wow!- and I need a bit of advice. I have an 83 GTI with 203,000 which still purrs, but needs cosmetic work, and since May I've had trouble shifting into second gear. Still, it's a great little car- well maintained. We now, however, have outgrown the little car and are now looking for a Vanagon. As kids, our parents always had a VW Bus of some kind, and I remember that the aircooled ones leaked big oil- I was told to purchase something after 1985? but mot anything new (gasp) I've never bought a new vehicle- ever! Anyhow I need advice on good years for the 7 passenger vanagons, and if there exist any deals out there that will take a really great GTI as partial payment? If I can't release the little red devil to a worthy lover of vw's who will take care of it- I'll keep it and eventually restore it. My father has been working on a 64 bug since I can remember...I'd rather cover it and restore it later than trade it in to a junk-yard. Anyhow, anybody out there who has any leads on vans in the central Florida area? Please reply directly to me- this list is so very busy! It has been great- I've learned a lot and appreciate all the cool info! Cheers! Maria