Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jul 1996 00:46:20 -0500
From:         bighouse@socomm.net (Ken Hooper)
Subject:      Re: List Vultures/Parts Dealers and the List

>There is simply no way an everyday listie can buy a bargain in competition >with a parts dealer and I am disgusted that the list is being preyed on like >this, as I said, vultures!

>Bottom line... think carefully before you post a forsale here in the >bargain basement range. You may not be helping someone like yourself 10 >years ago, you may be helping a parts company fatten it's inventory and >profits. Sorry this list has come to this state, even though 99% of us are >operating under the best of unselfish intentions.

It was not my impression that the gentleman who advertised the vehicle was out to help a wannabuser. It was my impression that he wanted get rid of the truck quickly. He was, of course, free to refuse to sell it to anybody but a wannabuser if he wished--but he didn't. Apparently the seller got what he wanted.

Did Ron defraud somebody? Claim to be something he wasn't? Take something somebody else had paid for? Promise not to split the truck?

Pretty much anybody can come up with $150 (which was the reason the bus was signifigant in the first place), and if he can't, it isn't Ron Salmon's fault. And it's common in the States, at least, for people to call their insurance agents on the phone and arrange for temporary insurance on a car they're buying that day. I don't understand how garage space figures into it at all.

Ron got it because he got there first. I cannot understand why you think anybody behaved badly. The deal was consensual. Nobody was defrauded of anything he had a right to expect. Nobody broke any laws. Nobody broke any list rules, or even stretched them. Nobody told any lies.

Nobody did anything wrong.

--Ken 68 Westy, 71 Bus