Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jul 1996 23:00:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Subject:      Re: n word

<odd..me, responding to to at once!>

barry, glen expounds upon one of the point i tryed to make in the beginnning.

for those of you who remember, only a few years ago, when acessing the internet took either a college account, or a big buisiness, or the knowhow to get through the back doors, back when NSCAMOsaic was the only thing with which you could see the graphics on the web, and even then, either a t work or at school, because providers were still providing UN*X sheel accounts to the poor exstudents who missed what they had, but SLIP <and now PPP> had not yet migrated out of the upperechelon, and so we had to deal with <gasp> text for everything, but wait...i ramble..sorry.

point being that with the quite easy access to the internet for all the AOL,CIS,GE,GNN,ETC users out there, more of the "kids", if you know what i meen, and the money seekers, now flood everything. here, you pull that to often, and "pop" somebody who can just unsubscribes them. for the community. but on Usenet, there is really hardly anything one can do <oh, well, except run a moderated group <which not only defeats the purpose, but woud definity killl hte community>> to keep them out.

and another thing, when you are in a hurry, and just pop through the messages, even then, you stop and npotice. why? BECAUSE! its EMAIL! its to YOU! personally. or sortof. somewhere, some computer decided to send THIS message straight to your <virtual> rusted metal mailbox. somewhere, deep inside, you <yes YOU> feel that hey! soemone cares! maybe...

and of course, you say "all" sites carry "all" "rec" groups. sorry, been cut off from too much stuff before for that one. for example, those who only access the 'net from a BBS, who uses UUCP <NO! they realy do that anymore! wow! how quaint..> and selects what netnews they <the system op's that is> wish to get. sure, some will even spend a bit more, <you know...paying byte by byte..or is tht old fashioned to?> and get that newgroup and all the traffic, and crossposting, and other bullsh!t, just from maybe ONE user!! or instead, they can just not have the control and let it go throught hte more controled, yet uncontrolled email channels.

or why dont you check out what is available on earth.armory.com? see if you find "all"...

anway, sorry for the lenght..but..

btw, if i offendeed anyone <and i hope i did!!> please flame ME! NOT THE LIST.

and all opinions <and facts> are the sole property of David Raistrick, and all subsidarys.

oh, one more thing. when you are in a hurry, you chek your email. woud you bother to check your <your??> usenet feed too? and, maybe you forget...

and of course, you say you have never experiance delays. check it out, maybe you'll learn that one message does NOT get to all those mythical places usenet is supposed to reach...

but i drift.

<hmm...sorry, no VW content..ack!>

!......................... The not so Keen one xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu .........................! \\ // http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb ^\\ \XX/ //^ '68 Beetle Links to a few pics of my VW's \\//\\// '74 Super \/ \/ '75 Rusty Westy-Canadian Model

y21cvb@armory.com xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu lorn@armory.com jg8bt@cyberspace.org chantry-raistrick@csra.net 76004.3235@compuserve.com