Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Jul 1996 19:44:13 -0400 (GMT-0400)
From:         ANGEL F OLIVARES CHICON <aolivar@upracd.upr.clu.edu>
Subject:      Here I come again!

Hi fellas!

After being disconnected for about a month because we had major changes here with the new server we got, I (Angel) feel very happy to join the list again. What a surprise to me to see that the list was divided in two. I already subscribed to both of them. During this month I had very pleasant moments with my Westy and Wasserboxer. First, thanks to Joe Chanin for his honesty and diligent supply of the bug screen. My wife did a fine job cleaning it and now looks as new. My 78 Westy won another trophy at the 6th Bug-In at Aguadilla (Northwest of Puerto Rico) and my 85 Vanagon was finally fixed. Remember I called her nasty and spoiled brat? Well, with the big help of my friend Pucho (Vanagon guru of P.R.) we checked the whole engine, sensor by sensor, cable by cable, relay by relay, and all the switches and the problem was still there. Finally after a month we decided to take out the head cover (by the side of the 3rd cylinder) and what we found!?! One of the springs was totally broken, we replaced it and now the engine purrs like a cat and has a lot of power. Still there is a little problem; there is a short-circuit somewhere because the micro switch of the trottle switch is being burned. Any ideas or suggestions? Ahhh!! how good is to be back in this family. Keep in touch,

Angel 78 Caribbean Westy 85 EcoVanagon GL