Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:13:45 -0500
From:         farchmir@milwaukee.tec.wi.us (Randy Farchmin)
Subject:      Re: wasserbox??? /f

>At 09:23 AM 7/19/96 -0500, Barry wrote: >>I'm a newbie so don't todd yyour shoes at the monitor.... >>Barry

>...The later model vanagons,...[snip]...are closer in design to Ben Pon's >original idea than any other VW van. His original idea, of course, was an >aquarium on wheels (in German, "wasserboxer")...[snip].. >Now if only I knew what "todd" meant. (could Todd Bridges, famous for his >stint on Diff'rent Strokes have something to do with it?...)

Aha! This is where Barry gives himself away!

"todd" is an arcane reference to the "wasserboxer," as follows: todd-->Todd Bridges-->Lloyd Bridges-->Sea Hunt-->SeaQuarium-->wasserboxer

Barry is NOT a newby, but apparently a VW insider, privy to the lesser known secrets of the Pon archives held at Wolfsburg. He may be, in fact, be an operative searching for the scurrilous knaves who infiltrated the Shrine of St. Pon last year and spirited away the only known record of the "Visions of St. Pon." No one outside of "le Cirque d'Interieur" would have known about the contents of the "Visions." (The group was cleverly named in French, as this would be the least likely name for a group of German fanatics, and thereby excellent cover for the covert recovery operations.)

Ryan, they've drawn you out. You've blown your cover. They knew the superior intellects who snatched the "Visions" were also too arrogant to be able to resist responding to the apparently innocent query from "Barry" [if that is indeed his real name]. Expect visitors soon who may want to ask you lots of questions. I suggest you consult alt.legal.nonextradition.Germany immediately and convert all your assets to cash.

Elementary inductive reasoning. Or is that deductive? I'm not sure. This is all so confusing. Have to go now -- I think it's medication time. Why do all the jackets here have such long sleeves?