Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:33:59 +1000
From:         dwoolard@calpoly.edu (Don Woolard)
Subject:      Temp Gauge/Light

List, Well I am back from down under having delivered Bentley to listmember David Yates. We chatted about things other than VW but it was nice to meet in Queensland. Saw 2 Wetfalias in Australia - 1 breadloaf and one Caravelle (Vanagon). The Caravelle was neither a full camper nor a weekender but had about half the interior fittings including the frig and sink. It had the full width bed in the rear and the usual pop top - any ideas?

We got caught for 20 extra hours at the Auckland airport because of Mt. Ruapehu erupting. The airline sid that it was an act of God and so no accommodation would be provided! Get this - 20 hours at airport, 2 hours on plane waiting and playing games, 14 hours flying, arriving at LAX at 3am, 5 hours waiting for the San Luis Obispo flight!!!! This is non stop!

Nancy, This is probably too late but along with all the other good ideas (and the obvious that it is actually overheating!) my problem was solved by replacing the voltage stabilizer in the dash cluster. My problem started as an erratic gauge, spread to flashing light and then both fuel and temp gauges went crazy! The analyisi came from this list and Bentley and the part cost about $15.

Good luck, Don