Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:44:53 +0000
From:         "John Grazul" <grazul@biology.rutgers.edu>
Subject:      Re: Bubble in cooling system? '87 Vanagon

Bill,

do yopu have a brother that works at Rutgers?? Now back to the matter at hand.....there are only two mechanics that I would use in the central Jersey area...and I use them sparingly. The first call goes to Bill Egenton at Foreign Car Werks on Rt. 28 in Bound Brook 805-0907. Bill is real honest....he was the service manager with VW in Princeton and I beleave that his dad {who now works with him}was also a service manager. They are quite involved with the local vw community, and best of all he will call and use other mechanics expertise to solve your special problem...**** a four star mechanic!! ** two star costs!!

The other shop that I have used is Albert and Son on Rt. 22 in White House...A four star GERMAN mechanic....with Five star service rates! His problem is that everything is done strictly by the book which means every part that deviates from VW specs is taken out and replaced with the right part {$$$}. Your Van will run perfect without a doubt, he even makes house calls if there is a problem, but the cost is prime. **** four star mechanic...****** six star costs!!!

If you are in the Lehigh Valley give L&T Enterprizes a try....great for parts, used that is, and they have never screwed up {replaced my motor at 100K and the Tranny at 135K} and their rates are super. 610-264-9191. *** three star mechanics, ** two star costs.

John Grazul Rutgers John Grazul Rutgers University Bioimaging Facility C-105 Nelson Labs Busch Campus Piscataway, N.J. 08855 908-445-5308