Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jul 96 10:55:21 -0500
From:         "W.R. Transue" <trans@castle.net>
Subject:      Re: Bubble in cooling system? '87 Vanagon

No, but I've seen a Transue there (in your dept too I believe) when doing searches on the web etc. You can bet with a name as weird as ours that somehow we're related! Tell him you spoke (at least electronically) w/ another Transue. Bound to freak him out!

> Now back to the matter at > hand.....there are only two mechanics that I would use in the central Jersey > area...and I use them sparingly. The first call goes to Bill Egenton at > Foreign Car Werks on Rt. 28 in Bound Brook 805-0907. Bill is real > honest....he was the service manager with VW in Princeton and I beleave that > his dad {who now works with him}was also a service manager. They are quite > involved with the local vw community, and best of all he will call and use > other mechanics expertise to solve your special problem...**** a four star > mechanic!! ** two star costs!! > > The other shop that I have used is Albert and Son on Rt. 22 in White > House...A four star GERMAN mechanic....with Five star service rates! His > problem is that everything is done strictly by the book which means every part > that deviates from VW specs is taken out and replaced with the right part > {$$$}. Your Van will run perfect without a doubt, he even makes house calls > if there is a problem, but the cost is prime. **** four star > mechanic...****** six star costs!!!

Aewsome. Both are within driving distance of work. I'm trying to find a good mechanic who can fix my oil leak problems (front & rear seal appear to be leaking, not head gasket), and since this will require a drop of the engine, I'm preparing for the worst cost wise!!.

> > If you are in the Lehigh Valley give L&T Enterprizes a try....great > for parts, used that is, and they have never screwed up {replaced > my motor at 100K and the Tranny at 135K} and their rates are super. > 610-264-9191. > *** three star mechanics, ** two star costs. >

Thnaks for that one too John!!