Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:04:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:         "William A. Killian" <killian@mnsinc.com>
Subject:      RE: Border Partings [No VW Content]

> michael.heron} <rant modde off> I hope that travellers to Inuvik don't get hassled by Canadian > michael.heron} customs. :( > > So, what is there to DO about it? > Do the 4th and 8th Constitutional Rights apply? > Does anybody register a complaint, in their language, to the > appropriate higher authority? Or does everybody just put up > with this abuse, so that it can be worse next time? If that's > how we deal with it, then we deserve the harassles.

Our constitution is not applicable to Canada.

English is the appropriate language in Canada (or Frnch and English if Quebec is involved)

Time is the problem as I understand it. There are things that could be done but not in time for the trip. Although I feel truly sorry the trip got messed up, we US citizens have nothing to say about who Canada lets in. It is their country. We should be concerned about who the US lets in (that is we US citizens). Canadian citizens on the list should be concerned about this incident since it is THEIR country that made the decision.