Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Jul 1996 22:17:54 -0700
From:         pengi@cruzio.com
Subject:      OLE Blue!

RON,

The good news is I've been driving your Wonderful Vanagon the last week, (60) total and the stove works, I've yet to fire up the Fridge but the Propane tank had propane in it !! I didn't need to fill it, to me thats a great sign in it self.

This week end it will get full attention fridge faucet and switch! AC/DC ECT.

When you open the rear hatch on the roof there is the textured wallpaper type stuff gluded and stapled to the underside of the cabinet. When I went and got the van it had peeled off almost all the way. I glued it back up after removing the rubber mouldings and had it up pretty well but after a week it is peeling off again!

I need to know what you want done with it. It has 3 small cracks in it due to it's brittleness and I think it may be the best thing to remove it all the way and recover with something else. Let me know what to do, It makes it hard to see out the rear window while driveing too.

Waiting for your e-mail and instructions Captain.

--

Kyle Wade Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com