Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 May 1996 18:32:23 -0700
From:         jwakefield@4dmg.net (john wakefield)
Subject:      Wall covering adheasive

pengi@cruzio.com wrote:

"When you open the rear hatch on the roof there is the textured wallpaper type stuff gluded and stapled to the underside of the cabinet. When I went and got the van it had peeled off almost all the way. I glued it back up after removing the rubber mouldings and had it up pretty well but after a week it is peeling off again!"

We've all seen lots of competing spray adheasives, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not most would stand up to the highest temperatures these surfaces are likely to develop. I remember seeing a reference to specifying products that hold up to an amazing 200 degrees F., and I'd hope this only reflects a cautious safety margin.

Has anyone a specific product recomendation? My new textured washable white-on-white wall paper is ready to replace the original covering.

John