Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:37:21 +0300
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut (NTC/Dusseld.))
Subject:      Re: 5- and 6-cylinder VW vans, 4 disk br

Tom F. 90 Syncro Westfalia wrote:

>Well, this is some interesting stuff. It looks problematic for Syncros. >Here are some of my quick observations: > >>4 disc brakes recommended DM 3,600.00 > >A disk brake kit! That is about $2400 (plus shipping, duty, etc). >I wonder what it really is: ideal would be bigger disks up front, and >a drum to disk conversion for the rear!

I like to give some details from the Winkler catalogue:

The disk brakes are originally sold by Oettinger. That are complete kits including all you may need. The rotors for the front are inside aircooled. The disks for the rear supports also the emergency brake.

This kit is NOT compatible with 14 inch wheels, you have to mount 15 or 16 inch ones.

Original Oettinger Ordering numbers are:

For regular Vanagons: OE 350 601 00 DM 3,600.00 For Syncros : OE 350 602 00 DM 4,285.00

The address of Oettinger is:

Oettinger Technik GmbH Max-Planck-Straße 36 D-61381 Friedrichsdorf Germany

Phone +49 6172 95330 FAX +49 6172 7056

Helmut '80 Camper