Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jul 96 15:03:00 EDT
From:         hal roth <HDROTH@brownvm.brown.edu>
Subject:      EV for Sale in East Providence RI

The Used Cars guys at Scott Motors in East Providence have a 93 EV GL on the lot. It has 65,000 miles, has a 5-speed tranny, power window/locks/ cruise, A/C and comes with a 12 mos/12k mi power train warranty and the balance of the 6 year ul miles corrosion warranty. It's a pale blue-gray. They are asking 14,999. SInce that's about $3,000 less than the thing went for new, I guaranty they will come down. ALso since they haven't sold a great many EV's (1?), they will be willing to drop the price.

To get the real scoop on the van, call the Head Service Manager Dennis Kollett. He's extremely knowledgable about all VW's (EV included) and he's a straight-up kinda guy. No BS. 401-438-5555. Mention the list to him if you call. I'd like to get him hooked in to us.

For Chris Miller: We love our EV. It's been relatively free of problems and is a great travel vehicle. Plenty of pep in the 5-cylinder Audi-designed engine. Handles very well with excellent road feel. It has many quality-constructed features. My favorites include the different- sized and shaped rear-view mirrors, the extremely confortable seats, the smooth-rolling side door, front and rear separate A/C....

PS: on the Scott EV GL, the tires are new (and some mystery-brand) but they are passenger car tires and definitely NOT reinforced like the original equipment tires are. My COnti's are 5-plies on the tread and 2 on the sidewall and that's what you should have for best handling and safety.

Hal Roth

PPS: For Ric Golen: Somebody up here has a rare Porsche Synchro Van whose power train and body have been place onto a Subaru Justy chassis. He says it's great in the snow but he can't get it out of the driveway when it's not snowing. He's willing to let it go for the right offer.... (NOT!) Glad you didn't take the plunge. We'd be hard-pressed to replace the list's #1 defender of the faith and source of obscure and valuable EV info!