Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jul 96 23:32:29 UT
From:         "Thomas Czerniak" <SELTEN@msn.com>
Subject:      RE: Mofoco (was Heads/GEX SAGA)

My personal experience with MOFOCO concerned a trans for a 1980 Vanagon . Now this was a "Remanfactured" trans with a 12/12 warranty. At 13,000 miles and less than a year and a half The unit began to first whine then scream. Getting the opinion of a VW trained mech confirmed a bad main pinion bearing. Now I understand that I was out of waranty but here is the problem; One would presume that a reman of any mechanical unit would involve both a visual as well as a instrument check on some of the more vital pieces aka bearings , syncros , gears . It seemed pretty obvious that a visual check was done all right, one of the outside of the trans case ! To add insult to injury ,there was no dealing with these folks. They would hear and have none of it, sticking firmly to the position that I was out of warranty and that was that. I have other VW friends that have had bad experiences with mofoco. Personally I would not deal with them again. Just my .02 Tom Czerniak P.S. Hi ! Mike ---------- >From: owner-type2@lists.primenet.com on behalf of RON SALMON Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 1996 8:06 AM