Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:17:55 PDT
From:         "Shawn Wright" <SW@smus.bc.ca>
Subject:      Re: 85 exhaust source needed

On 4 Jul 96 at 23:17, Gcarlen@aol.com wrote:

> While on my trip from DC to NYC, my exhaust system decided it didn't want to > go along. About 1/3 the way, the pipe that goes from the collector to the > cat broke off the collector. (This is the pipe with the O2 sensor in it). > > I managed to get a local shop to weld the rusty pipes together for 20 bucks. > It should get last till I can get it replaced. > > The problem is the only source I have been able to find for the exhaust pipes > have been the dealer. Does anyone know of a source for these pipes with > reasonable prices? My front pipe, cat & exhaust are good. I just need the > rear pipe and the pipe that the O2 sensor screws into. > As my '88 is getting near that point also, here's what I found from BowWow parts in Victoria, BC: (prices are CDN $, so less 35-40% for US $)

'85 Front pipe 178 Rear pipe 179 Conn pipe 178 Cat 190 Muffler 140 Tailpipe 41 Gaskets 45

'88 Front pipe 182 Rear pipe 181 Conn pipe 141 Cat 190 Muffler 158 Tailpipe 41 Gaskets 45

Parts are made by Dansk in Denmark - anyone know about their quality??

Shawn '88 Westy 331k (Kyra) '85 Jetta TD 349k (Jenni)