Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Jul 1996 09:55:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Maria Alvarez <malvarez@tophat.stetson.edu>
Subject:      help with '83 GTI

Greetings All! Have enjoyed this list...so much to learn! I have an '83 GTI Rabbit that has 203,000 miles. It still purrs because I had a GREAT mechanic in Asheville who helped me maintain it. And, because I obviously got very lucky with this little red devil when I bought it used in '86. At present I have outgrown it, I'm looking to buy a bus. I thought I was having transmission problems, but it turns out my "shift linkage bushings" are shot (better than having to buy new transmission!) and I'll replace them. I did have it repainted and the interior re-done, but the person that did it ruined my sunroof- which now is so tight it won't open or close w/o scraping the paint (I learned the hard way...big scrape now) Anyway, it is hard enough to have to part with this little car, it has been so great to me, very few problems! I'd like to know if anyone out there is interested, knows of anyone who might be interested, or can tell me what a fair sale price would be? I don't want to give it to some junker for parts- it's still a good car! The only other problem is that the driver window falls into the panel because it's off the mechanism that raises and lowers it- I've had it sodered once but now I'll just have to buy a whole new mechanism- or sell it as is. Any help is appreciated. Danke. Maria Alvarez