Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon,  8 Jul 1996 23:26:56, -0500
From:         TVCR50A@prodigy.com ( MICHAEL G BENTHIN)
Subject:      Re: LHS Shower in Westie?

Plowed (or is it ploughed?) thru John Wakefield's discourse on showers for Westie- I've taken kids to the shore and used a SUNSHOWER, a black plastic solar heated container you place on the roof rack and take water from a gravity-fed hose. For a curtain, I've used (1) Split hula hoop with shower curtain hung on it; fit into permanently fastened pipe ends on my roof rack. (2) Another option is the blow-up shower curtain, which uses air tubes and corners to suport the shape; hangs from a rod extending from roof, from K-Mart. (3) Now we use our awning extended real low so people can't see you, with towels hung over the ends and simple 3 qt. handled OJ jugs also stored and warmed on the roof- does fine job of washing off the sand! A tube stuck over the faucet also works, it even siphons out by itself for washing feet, but is cold water! On rare occaision, for washing hair, I heat up water in 2 qt. pot on stove and stick it in a large bicycle water bottle and run it over the head for washing- works fine also. In my book, whatever takes the least space and is technologically simplest, or util;izes what you already carry is best....Mike Benthin