Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:40:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Tobin T. Copley" <tobin@vcn.bc.ca>
Subject:      Gas prices up north

Less than 2 weeks to go on the Inuvik trip, and I'd like to enlist the help of vanagon list members to tell us Inuvik trekker what we can expect in terms of gas prices enroute.

*** NOTE: in the interest of saving bandwidth, please respond with gas prices only for the areas concerns. If this question is of interest for other locations, then please change the subject line and start another thread. Gerry will love you.

So I'll sketch out our route below and folks can feel free to reply with prices for areas they live in. Please also include the date the price applies to. ---------------------------------- Vancouver to Clinton, BC Williams Lake, Quesnel, Prince George. To Fort Saint John by way of Chetwynd and hwy29 Alaska Hwy to Watson lake Watson Lake to Ross River, Carmacks Up to Dawson City. Dempster Hwy to Inuvik, and back Top of the World Hwy to Tok, AK Alaska Hwy to Haines Junction, Whitehorse Dease-Cassiar Hwy to Kitwanga with sidetrip to Hyder, AK Prince Rupert Yellowhead hwy east to Prince George. Hwy 97 South to Clinton Clinton to vancouver via Lillooet and Whistler, B.C.

A sub-group will be driving down Vancouver Island from Port hardy to Nanaimo. -----------------

Thanks to any and all who can supply information on gas prices along this route. We'll keep in touch on the web!

Northward ho!

Tobin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tobin T. Copley VW Busses to Inuvik! ============= (604) 689-2660 www.chaco.com/inuvik /_| |__||__| :| putta tobin@vcn.bc.ca July 22-Aug 14 96 O| | putta FOLLOW ALONG WITH US ON THE WEB! '-()-------()-' Circum-continental USA, Mexico, Canada 15,000 miles '76 VW Camper! (Mango)