Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 1996 18:21:59 -0400
From:         David E Most <most@gibbs.oit.unc.edu>
Subject:      Re: For David E Most, (was: Re: by the way Joel, change the stats)

> Cool that you have a new van! > I'm intrigued at what your van is though. VW did not make a "87 Westy > Multivan Wolfsburg Edition" - at least not for the US market. If you don't > mind, please help me understand what you have.

You're the first person to recognize this, and maybe you can help me too. The person I bought it from told me that it was special ordered by the first owner from Germany. Apparently he owned a VW dealership. I bought it from the second owner who had it for 1 year and put 3k on it. He didn't know much about it, and it didn't come with any manuals other than the ones the 2nd owner ordered so he could learn how to operate the heat. I'll start by answering your questions. > > Does it have a pop-top? > Does it have the sink/refrigerator/stove? > Does it have swiveling front seats? > Does it have rear-facing seats behind the driver's & front passenger's seats? > Does it have a table that folds up from the driver's side wall? > Does it have aero-style fiberglass bumpers or steel ones? > Does it say "Multivan" on the rear hatch? > Does it have "Wolfsburg Edition" emblems in front of the two front doors? - > If so, what solor are they? > > Any other significant identifiers? > It has a pop-top, no sink/fridge/stove,one rear facing seat behind the passenger seat but none behind the drivers seat (but there are two bolts sticking out of the floor there where something might have been), front seats don't swivel, has fold-up table, steel bumpers, no multivan on rear hatch, has 2 wolfburg edition emblems and all woflsburg features according to wolfsburg 87 manual such as alloy wheels, lower body construction, power mirrors, locks, and windows etc.

So can you confirm that this is an odd bird?? Also, there's a second battery under the driver's seat, a VW battery with whit plastic casing that has cables going to it. In addition, there's a second cigarette lighter plug under the passenger seat on the side.

I had thought when I purchased the van that the second rear facing seat was missing, but now I'm wondering if those 2 bolts were attached a removable fridge that plugged into that cigarette ligher. This might explain why it came with a second battery (though I understand that some of the campers didn't come with a second battery). I'd like to know what the second battery is for and/or if such an option for a fridge existed.

I've called VOA, but I'm waiting to here what the option codes on my vehicle identification label correspond to.

If you have any other questions, pass them along. OH, there's also a sun roof in the poptop, but this may have been standard.

david