Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jul 96 22:29:41 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      Re: List Split Announcement [IMPORTANT]

well, i'll add another $0.0000000002 worth here (hey. i'm old. i'm entitled.)

i kinda don't look at it as TWO lists exactly. more like a big family has had some of the kids move off to another city. it's still the same family, just part of us are in a different location. we can still talk and call and ask and argue and meet up for vacations and holidays and such ... and still be the same family.

just cause you move away from your mom and dad and sister and brother, you don't divorce yourself from the "family".

so let's look at it that way. and if it works out, great. more fun for everyone. if it doesn't work out, well, we'll welcome everybody back ... they can sleep in the garage. :) besides, in actual historical fact, Vanagon@Lenti is the SECOND bus list (that i know of) ... the first one got derailed due to work pressures on the originator. which is why Gerry was so weak and able to be coerced into starting another one. ;)

so let's all be happy/sad, like when Grandma gets on the bus to go back home ... we're sad to see the old bat have to ride the hot sweaty bus, but boy, are we glad we don't have to hear that snorring anymore!!!

no ... wait, that's a bad analogy. :) how bout when the kids go off to college? or their first job? something like that. they'll be gone, but not forgotten ... and still part of the same Family of Buses.

joel