Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Jul 1996 22:37:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:         No Quarter <dl63832@ltec.net>
Subject:      *THE GREAT SPLITTY DEBATE*

You know, when I first subscribed to the vintagvw 'serv, I honest to god thought that all air cooled vw's would be talked about there. I was kind of confused as to why only Beetles are the mainstay. But I soon found out that the bus people had their own 'serv. Great - now I could subscribe to 2 lists. Wow! What could I say...the volume of the vanagon 'serv rocked!

I am still quite puzzled as to why there aren't just 2 main 'servs like acldvw and h20vw or something to that effect. Aircooled busses have a LOT in common with beetles and so one would reasonably expect that those 2 would go together because for simple efficiency sakes, more people would benefit from any given message.

Now of course I am speaking my opinion and that ain't worth a hill of beans, but I fail to see what aircooled VW's and watercooled VW's have in common that warrants putting them both in the same 'serv - other than the fact that they are used for campers (the busses).

I'm trying to speak from the vantage point of how each message on a listserv benefits the recipients. It does get kind of bothersome at times having to delete messages that have to do with post-80 busses as they don't interest me. What I want is aircooled VW Bus info but I have to wade through a bunch of unrelated material until I find it.

So based on that fact, I think the seperation is warranted. However, I can plainly see if someone is subscribed to the 'serv merely for the comraderie, then certainly the vanagon 'serv should be left alone.

I percieve the split as method of "net efficiency" and "courtesy" to each other. We don't want to split because we're mad at each other, we want to split to make it easier on everyone.

What do you think?

______________ Nebraska: The Good Life-"I guess that's why we have a | \ Erin Lassley:95MexiShel| high gas tax in the midwest." | Located in | 72 Teal Green SBeetle |-------------------------------- | good ol' \ 74 SunBug - 66 Bus |Famous quotes: "You drive a what?" |___ Beatrice, NE,| 63 Ragtop Bug |"My friend got killed in a head-on |40 mi. south \--------------------|in one of those." "You're weird." |of Lincoln. |e-mail: |"Wanna drag? HA HA HA" "Put a |_____________*__\ silent@ltec.net | small block chevy in it."