Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Jul 1996 09:00:05 -0700
From:         ena@scruznet.com
Subject:      First EV Ding

Well, I've had my '95 EV Camper since February 1, and yesterday it got it's first ding. Not a ding really, but it's first non-warranty damage that makes it a used vehicle in my mind.

I've been very happy that the beast fits in the garage. There's about 1 inch vertical clearance, and maybe 2-3 inches horizontal clearance. Yesterday I didn't quite pull it up far enough before closing the garage door. Imaging my horror when I heard this shearing, breaking sound and the automatic door safety stop....

The rear wiper spray unit sheared right off and broke into about 5 pieces. I'm in severe dread at what VW could charge for this measly little plastic part. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

-eric