Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:53:04 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      Major thanks wood interior help!

Thanks to the several folks who stepped up with the request for help relating to the need for 5'x5'x.125" wood for the interior of the on-going '67 Resto from "Heck." Following the tip from Bill Keating (willke@fullnet.net), the wood was located at: Peterman Lumber 15492 Slover Fontana, CA 92335 (909) 357-7730 (5'x5'x.125" White Baltic Birch priced at $8.90 per sheet!)

Dang cheap as Home Depot wanted $23.00 +/- for 4'x8' and another local source <who flaked out on me> wanted $20.00 per sheet for 5'x5' and never got it to me. The flakey place did call late Friday to say that they could get it in by this coming Wednesday as a special favor but the $8.90 was less than their cost!

I knew that Jim Davis (syncrohead@aol.com) and family were planning on driving to Phoenix for business reasons. JD was nice enough to reply to my whining (er, ah) request/imposition for help and transported the wood from CA to PHX for me.

Thanks again to Bill and Jim for the help. This truly helped me BIGTIME! I am still thrilled. =) -ellis\

BTW: I also plan on installing the wood in the '83 Westy as a replacement for the bad wall paper effect. "OOOH Ellis goes Custom!"