Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 04 Jul 96 18:30 CDT
From:         EF0JPB1@mvs.cso.niu.edu
Subject:      Here is turn signal wiring for 63

> Date: Wed, 03 Jul 1996 20:49:40 > From: EXPRES@gnn.com (RON SALMON) > To: vanagon@lenti > Subject: Need turn signal wiring info for '63

> <snip> > is. If anyone has an older Bentley, or any wiring diagram that > indicates which wire is which color, and could somehow send me the > page that deals with the turn signals, I would be forever indebted > to you. I'm really not looking forward to trying to hook up that > many wires on strictly a trial & error basis!

I have no 63s to go by, but I do have a full-color wiring diagram for Type 2 USA Version (from August 1962) Chassis No. 971.550. As I read it you have a T/S switch with 6 wires coming out of it. Three of them go into a 3-way connector to split them before they go on to other places. While getting you a copy would take some doing, I can provide the following:

Circuit on Switch Color Destination(s)

54Sl Black/Purple T1 connector and stop light switch 54Bl Black/Green/White Terminal S on Flasher Relay and on to Em. Lt. Switch VR Black/Green T1 connector and 87b on Em. Lt. Relay and on to FR T/S VL Black/White T connector which goes to 1) FL T/S 2) Terminal 87 on Em. Lt. Relay HR Black/Red T connector which goes to 1) Em. Lt. Switch 2) RR Turn Signal HL Black/Yellow T connector which goes to 1) Em. Lt. Switch 2) LR Turn Signal

Note that a T1 connector is just a way to connect 2 wires, while a T connector connects 3 wires. These are probably all under the dash or behind the kick panel.

What is not clear on this diagram is what the terminal numbers are on the emergency light switch. I checked my Clymer and Autobook diagrams and neither of them have terminal numbers on that switch either. Since I usually deal with 67 buses, I am not familiar with the emergency light switch on a 63. Can anyone else with a 63 shed any *emergency* light on this switch?

Hope that much helps.

-Jim Bryant